How do I Make arms move independently without stutter?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:09 pm

Right now, I'm pinning the arms (position only) to the sprite body and having them set their angle toward the mouse cursor every tick, but when I move the characters, the arm stutters as they move sideways.

This is in a sidescroller
B

Post » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:33 pm

.capx or screenshot of event?
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:43 pm

Sorry, I'm new to the forums, here you go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:04 pm

From what I'm seeing, it's actually a problem with Pinning. If you disable the follow-mouse actions, the arm still jiggles while moving.
However, there are problems that come from "Set position to object" as well (see below)
Most notably, the gun isn't actually firing *at* the mouse, and if the mouse is right above the cop, he does a cooky little dance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:45 pm

I have version 190 of Construct 2, so I cant use that file, but having both the cop and the arm pinned to a player box helped with the stutter, especially when animations were added. I am aware of the aiming problems and have plans on how to fix them, but I'm not going to on this, because I do not have the sprites we will actually be using or the final animations. Thank you
B

Return to How do I....?