How do I make behavior for each tilemap case?

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:19 pm

Hello !
I am trying tilemap system and I would like to know if it's possible to use each tilemap's case as object type? For example, make a case solid, an other one jump-thru etc...

Thank you for your help !
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:31 pm

No, you use Tilemap as background.
For everything else create Sprites.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:42 pm

You can also use multiple tilemaps as layers. So using Terraria as an example, have a background image to represent whats behond the earth. Then have a tilemap that has solid objects with an extra layer below that for pickable objects, and maybe another tilemap that has jump-thru. You can quite quickly build complex interactive levels this way.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:00 pm

zenox98 wrote:You can also use multiple tilemaps as layers. So using Terraria as an example, have a background image to represent whats behond the earth. Then have a tilemap that has solid objects with an extra layer below that for pickable objects, and maybe another tilemap that has jump-thru. You can quite quickly build complex interactive levels this way.

Thats a great idea actually !

@Vuuv I was thinking about something like RPG Maker, but now I got how it works !

Thank you !
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:05 pm

I also tried it, but sooner or later i got problems, when my objects needed different instance variables etc. So I decided to stay away from Tilemap object.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:46 am

Bump. Has anyone found a solution or plugin for this? I really need this.
B

Return to Beginner's Questions