How do I make cutscene battles like this

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Hey guys, first of all can construct 2 even handle what I wanna do lol you guys know how in the naruto games you can do

those cool ass cutscene battles and have to do player inputs... like press the right arrow, then the X button, Right arrow, rapidly tap A... i put a video to show what I'm talking about. Is this even possible or just something that can only be done With unreal engine? This would be really cool to do 😀 if anyone knows how this could be done... the ideas would be greatly appreciated!

https://youtu.be/gJDsY7Qu5nw

• My initial thought is that it would be rather easy to do actually, at least programming wise. I guess the biggest problem might be with the cut scenes and whether C2 can load them fast enough for it to actually work. But you could easily test that. If you have a lot of video clips in varies sizes that represent what you think you might need. Then you could try to play them back as fast as possible and see if it works for you. Simply make it so each time you press Space it load and play a cut scene or something like that.

But then again I might have misunderstood what you want to do

• My initial thought is that it would be rather easy to do actually, at least programming wise. I guess the biggest problem might be with the cut scenes and whether C2 can load them fast enough for it to actually work. But you could easily test that. If you have a lot of video clips in varies sizes that represent what you think you might need. Then you could try to play them back as fast as possible and see if it works for you. Simply make it so each time you press Space it load and play a cut scene or something like that.

But then again I might have misunderstood what you want to do

haha no you are spot on! yeah that's what I was thinking too. I don't know if it can handle the video clips. well long ones anyways. Also I was thinking that it might not be video that's playing in the Naruto games. Just maybe super good 2d/3d sprites so who really knows the secret lol I tested a small video clip and it kinda worked but something larger didn't play. It made me think either C2 can't handle the larger videos or its not videos and just high quality sprites/backgrounds

• You might be right that its actually 3d objects used in the game, just made to look more like a movie, which might actually be the most likely thing. Since loading large video files would take some time regardless of you using unreal or C2. However what you might be able to do is to load all needed video files for a battle before it starts and then you would just have to press play on the correct ones when needed. That might work but you should probably keep a close eye on memory use if you load a lot. But it might work.

• You might be right that its actually 3d objects used in the game, just made to look more like a movie, which might actually be the most likely thing. Since loading large video files would take some time regardless of you using unreal or C2. However what you might be able to do is to load all needed video files for a battle before it starts and then you would just have to press play on the correct ones when needed. That might work but you should probably keep a close eye on memory use if you load a lot. But it might work.

Yeah ?????? I'll have to look more into this when I get deeper into this project, thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • quite possible im currently building a game on the same idea though i entirely lack art so i scaled it down to just basic sprite animation combat where you click in timing to the enemies attack to block/click in time to counterattack while the triggers run off of current sprite animation and animations frame with global vars to prevent refiring where the tells to click are a combination of advertised enemy movements and a specific colored ethereal field that appears around them

• quite possible im currently building a game on the same idea though i entirely lack art so i scaled it down to just basic sprite animation combat where you click in timing to the enemies attack to block/click in time to counterattack while the triggers run off of current sprite animation and animations frame with global vars to prevent refiring where the tells to click are a combination of advertised enemy movements and a specific colored ethereal field that appears around them

Yeah that's pretty cool! It's so much easier to do that with normal sprites. I have that in my rpg maker mv game and plan on doing that with this project along with the naruto style. As we mentioned though... it might be too much for C2 to handle lol hopefully not though

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)