How do I make icy-tower like game

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
C3 Swipe Towers is the game of speed and reflexes by enabling climber reach the top of tower.
  • Hello.

I want to make a game like icy tower, I already made a player and a block spawn + jumps, but I have no idea how to make the screen goes up like in the icy-tower game.

any ideas?

• Add an invisible sprite to your game at the horizontal centre of the screen, and give it the bullet behaviour pointing upwards (so set initial angle at 270 degrees), set acceleration to zero and speed to whatever you want. Then in the event sheet, make an "Every tick" condition and the System action "ScrollTo (that sprite)". You can then enable/disable the bullet behaviour to start/stop scrolling, and adjust the speed as you like. Hope that helps!

• Add an invisible sprite to your game at the horizontal centre of the screen, and give it the bullet behaviour pointing upwards (so set initial angle at 270 degrees), set acceleration to zero and speed to whatever you want. Then in the event sheet, make an "Every tick" condition and the System action "ScrollTo (that sprite)". You can then enable/disable the bullet behaviour to start/stop scrolling, and adjust the speed as you like. Hope that helps!

I aded the evrytick system event and added the object which goes up, and it really goes up but the screen stays the same.

In addition, I have no idea how to spawn the blocks like in the icy tower game

Hope someone can help

Tyvm.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Just checking, have you made your layout big enough? Your layout needs to be bigger than the screen size for Scroll To to work...

• Just checking, have you made your layout big enough? Your layout needs to be bigger than the screen size for Scroll To to work...

It works now! Thank you.

Any idea for the block spawning?

• Depends how you want to spawn them, really. You could set another bunch of invisible sprites at regular horizontal intervals with the same bullet behaviour as the camera sprite, and make the system pick one at random every X seconds to spawn a block - that's just one possible way, but it might be a start.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)