How do I make Infinite Scoller(Downward Doodle Jump similar)

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:31 pm

I was having a problem to create random platforms at specific location.
My idea is like this: A Sprite(Player) falls down between a gap, and then land on a normal ground with no gaps, after that you have to control the Player to drop down through the (provided) gap.
A=Player, ______ = normal ground, I________IXXXXXXXI_________I = Ground with a gap(marked XXX)

____________A_______________

I________IXXXXXXI__________________I

I____________________IXXXXXXXI_________I

So how do I write in the event to spawn "Ground with a gap" in random that creates such correct order?
And also for the "Normal Ground" object. Please help me, thanks.
If can please provide me details what to add in the Event list, thanks a lot. :D
Last edited by Serge Low on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
B

Post » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:44 pm

You should look in the side-scroller and in the flappy bird clone in the example files.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:15 pm

@Bugasebi, Can you toss some links up to the examples?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:16 pm

Here is the flappy bird clone i found. https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/857/fl ... 10-minutes
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:17 am

I still need some help although I have read about the flappy bird clone. I'm not sure how to write the event for creating platform at random position (x, y) as the Player getting downwards. I tried and tried and what i get is the platform created wrongly, either it is overlapping each other or the height between them are sometimes too close to each other. Please help
B

Return to How do I....?