How do i make it do this?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:37 am

I'm back again eli0s :mrgreen:
i have gotten all the shadows and cosmetics of the game done and i'm now trying to create the objectives that the player has to do and then AI paths for 2 NPCs and the enemy and then i'm finally done :D

For the friendly NPC paths (they wont have any combat, they only walk along with you in the mission to a certain point and then end up dead/MIA) would i create their paths using the path finding ability or the custom movement, which one do you think would better serve the purpose.
As for the enemy NPC they will be on a patrol path so i'd use path finding for that i think.
B

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:11 am

Welcome back ;)

I don't have any serious experience with AI, so all I can tell you is based on examples I've seen and on speculation.

If your game is strictly "grid" based, meaning that all the corridors/rooms/walls/doors are divided into segments, you might just make it with custom movement/events. You could make the player spawn an invisible sprite every x grid spaces and make the friendly NPCs move to the last known location in steps.

But I think that using the path finding behavior will save you a lot of headaches. Just figure out a system that makes sense, make them move/stop when appropriate. I think that the most challenging part won't be the movement, but picking which target should they choose to go/attack to.
composer - multimedia artist
www.eli0s.com/en/
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:27 am

i was thinking that the path finding would be easier to do, i'll give it a go, i have 6 hours or so until my deadline so i should have time to learn it.

Thanks again eli0s
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?