How do I make it isometric?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:13 am

So.. i was happily creating a map for my game with Tiled, seeing some posts that paraded it's use with construct2. I should have read a bit more closely as it seems that the support was only to orthogonal tiles and not to the isometric style that i was going for. I've taken the tilesets shamelessly from the game "project zomboid " as it fits to my game theme like a fist to face (Now before anyone goes mental with copyright stuff.. i'm just using them for my personal use). Does anyone have ideas how i could go around this problem perhaps? i was thinking maybe if i just create the map one layer at a time and just screenshot them as a sprite on construct. maybe this way i could somehow keep the isometric style in place? Ah..i dunno, feeling quite discouraged, any help would be grand.
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:01 pm

Use rex_board and rex_squareTx plugins, then set the "squareTx" to isometric mode.
https://www.ravenheart.ca/home
Company name changed to avoid Facebook-type shenanigans

"Someone once told me I bite off more than I can chew...

I told them I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity."
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:16 pm

@Juicy
You could make you're own loader for isometric tiled files. You'll just need to use sprites instead of the tilemap object.

Here's an example:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... d_iso.capx
The tiles are imported into the sprite's animation as a sprite strip, and the tmx file needs to be saved with csv encoding.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 pm

gumshoe2029: Never used plugins before, i tried to dl the plugins but the dropbox links to the files seem to be down :S

R0J0hound: wow, that looks neat, although i don't really understand yet how it actually works. I'm wondering though with this kind of approach, can you still make the map interactive, such as be able to collide with building walls, go inside of buildings, etc ?

A glimmer of hope still shines it seems.. :)
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:06 pm

It just loads the tmx to a bunch of sprites. After that you can do whatever you like with them.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:46 pm

Got the plugins installed too. Im guessing its doing essentially the same thing as ROJOhouds proposal?

Would either one care to explain in retard, what exactly am i looking at here and how do i operate it?
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:06 pm

They do something entirely different to what my capx does. My capx loads an isometric tmx file to sprites, and those plugins help with motion and such in isometric. I couldn't tell you more because I've never used them.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:41 am

Could you tell me a bit how you load the tmx file? Your capx looks great, i'd just need somesort of manual to understand how to work with it.

I also found another plugin called "tmx importer v2". The demo is a straight top down map, but im wondering if this could also be set to isometric. I just can't seem to find any tutorial anywhere on how to actually use these. Frustrating as the tools seem to be out there but i have no idea in how to use them :cry:
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:30 am

Okay, got it to draw the map somehow. So now since the map isn't showing on construct before i preview, how am i supposed to make the map interact with the player? such as collissions and the like.
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:45 pm

The simplest would be to use multiple layers in tiled and edit the capx to get more than the first layer. For example you could have one layer define the collisions.

To get it in the layout would need one to write a program to convert a tmx file to a C2 layout file and add it to your project.
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?