How do I make level selection menus?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • I want to make a level selection menu. I know how to make them but my question is, is it possible so that if the player has not reached level 3, he cant click on the level 3 icon? I would also want to know how to make that be saved on the game file so that if the player comes back, he can select the one he stayed in.

I am planning to publish my game in HTML5 so the game has to be capable of saving that info on a cookie or something.

• I completely finished 5 levels that are fantastic, I hired graphic designers and sprite artists so my levels look way over the edge but my game is no good without actual level select menu.

• Um...Just make global variables for each level. "If player clicks on level 2 and level 1 is complete, go to level 2"

You can save these global variables using the storage object, or some other object...I cant remember but it's quite simple. Just look for a tutorial about saving and loading data.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I managed to make the level selector using global variables. It was very simple. The thing is that I cant save them. I already tried looking and have found nothing of what i need. Its basically a "save" command so that when the game is opened, the global variables are still the same.

• Instead of global variables use webstorage, this way the saves last until the user cleares the browser cache. There should be plenty of information about it in the forum.

• Finally got it working. Thanks!

• AlexKvazos

this could help aswel

scirra.com/tutorials/311/level-select

• AlexKvazos

this could help aswel

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/311/level-select

Wow! Thats exactly what I used. I bookmarked it already. Level selection is essential on platform games. Thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)