How do I make multi rooms

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Comprehensive localization solution for Construct 3 projects, no addons required!
  • Hello,

In my game I move between rooms, I have HP, Armor and more variables.

I was wondering what is the best way of making multi rooms, should I make more layouts? is there any other way?

If I need to create more layouts, how do I save all the stats?

Thanks!

• Layouts are a good way to make rooms. Familiarize yourself with the "Global" property and "Persist" behavior, which you can read more about in the manual.

An alternative way is to build all your rooms on one layout in a separate area, and teleport your player sprite around.

• Layouts are a good way to make rooms. Familiarize yourself with the "Global" property and "Persist" behavior, which you can read more about in the manual.

An alternative way is to build all your rooms on one layout in a separate area, and teleport your player sprite around.

Alright, thank you for your suggestions.

May I ask what are the cons and pros of each method?

• Layouts allow you to manage your graphical memory, only sprites that are used in any particular layout are loaded into memory. It will allow you to have a greater variety of textures between layouts.

Having everything on a single layout might be simpler to execute, but you might run into memory limitations. Depends on the scope of your game.

Also "time" does not pass across layoyuts, which may be a consideration.

• Layouts allow you to manage your graphical memory, only sprites that are used in any particular layout are loaded into memory. It will allow you to have a greater variety of textures between layouts.

Having everything on a single layout might be simpler to execute, but you might run into memory limitations. Depends on the scope of your game.

Also "time" does not pass across layoyuts, which may be a consideration.

Alright, thanks for the great answer!

Except "time" which isn't a problem for me, are there any more limitations?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Basically layouts is the proper method.

But you can get away with teleporting if your game is not too large, which could be a lot simpler to implement.

• Basically layouts is the proper method.

But you can get away with teleporting if your game is not too large, which could be a lot simpler to implement.

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)