How do I make my character react to damage

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:21 am

I want to do something like minecraft, that if the player touches an enemy the player will bouce off the enemy, any ideas?, im open to any ideas
B

Post » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:23 am

Search for the platforming tutorial and head to page 7. From there ctrl+f "bounce" and you should find the advice you need. I was going to link it but the forum would remove it due to me having such a new account. I hope this helps! :)
B
S

Post » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:32 am

you can use physics or use solid behavior with the bullet behavior which has a default setting for bouncing off from solids.

bullets has the settings to bounce of solids... however its proportional with the speed you hit the solid. so if u move to slow you wont bounce to much. but i think using physics and when player collides with another dangerous object you could apply a physics force or impulse on the opposite direction pushing your char back.

hope it helps :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:52 am

You could just add the bullet behaviour with gravity..

Very basic example
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:06 pm

Thanks guys! it worked great, i even added a "flashing" animations! thank you very much :D
B

Post » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:14 pm

@LittleStain, thanks-a-lot; put the same conditions when hit by damaging objects, so the game became implemented with a very challenging demi-physics.
B

Return to How do I....?