How do I make my character smart?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
A smart joystick plugin, perfect for all mobile games.
  • hello, i'm developing game that similar to chat noir game ()

i still can figured it out how to make the cat jump to the nearest circle to get out from the screen

i'm tried to use array but i find it's very hard for me, and if i'm going to use nested loop, i'm afraid there are many.

i hope you can understand and give me a flush to my brain that stucked

thanks

• anyone can help me?

• Think you need to supply a screenshot of some sort, cant see the link you have posted. And the text alone doesn't really explain or show the problem

• http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/chatnoir/chatnoir.html[/code:15ror5bf]
    that is the link.. i cant add url right now with my current reputation.. i hope it helps.. i cant explain my problem using words.
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Bump.. I want to know this too.

Something like that game in the link:

http://www.gamedesign.jp/flash/chatnoir/chatnoir.html

• You can do this with the pathfinder behavior : https://www.scirra.com/manual/154/pathfinding

Use something like los to pick the target and then use the pathfinder to work out the the path.

• Or you could pick circle nearest to cat, store its position and move the cat to its position. Jumping movement is another story.

• Or you could pick circle nearest to cat, store its position and move the cat to its position. Jumping movement is another story.

but actually the cat moves to the direction which is nearest to exit the layout

• You need the cat to jump to the circle thats nearest to exit layout?

You could set *if* coordinates check for circle (Compare two values, system behaviour). If its near to something, pick it. If there are many, then do another pick and pick nearest to the cat. No?

• You need the cat to jump to the circle thats nearest to exit layout?

You could set *if* coordinates check for circle (Compare two values, system behaviour). If its near to something, pick it. If there are many, then do another pick and pick nearest to the cat. No?

Sorry, I really don't get it... I understand the logic but, in practice, I couldn't do this..

Can someone please make an example? this isn't that easy...

Thank you.

• > You need the cat to jump to the circle thats nearest to exit layout?

>

> You could set *if* coordinates check for circle (Compare two values, system behaviour). If its near to something, pick it. If there are many, then do another pick and pick nearest to the cat. No?

>

Sorry, I really don't get it... I understand the logic but, in practice, I couldn't do this..

Can someone please make an example? this isn't that easy...

Thank you.

true enough.. understand the logic but couldnt make it done

• Anyone? :\

• Yes anyone...I am interested too.......

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)