How do I make my characters physics actually work/Animations

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:32 pm

Don't know if your deadline is gone. I looked into your animations.

I found 2 things.

1/ Several events start different animations on shared little moments.
2/ The collision box of the capturing and the captured animations jumped up. That way there came a gap under the player. And player started to fall. Triggering the fall animations.

I can't make all your animations right. To much work. You would have had the same problems with a helper object. But i like to share with you the capx that i used to test the animations pair by pair. On the end of the events sheet, you find all animation changes i made/tested in 1 place. I renamed the animations for the green player, to be able to do this. Do not use this as your project ! It is just an example, and i only made changes for the green player.

I hope that if you see this, you are convinced about getting those darn animation changes neat and cosy in one small block.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oizt90ztopdsa ... .capx?dl=0
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:37 pm

Thank you so much 😙

Oh, I can't open it cause its from a newer version and I wont update C2 before the deadline :D last time i did it killed the ogg converter within C2. Have to convert oggs with audacity since then.

But i guess im good with the dummy box solution. it really runs smoothly. I still would like to check out your suggestions on the buggy parts of my code.
Chris Hinz

Design, visual development and illustration

www.hinz-art.com
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:52 pm

You may have already decided but I would second the pinning the animation object to the physics object.

Physics can be touchy. If you are animating a physics object you are constantly changing the size and location of the object. This could cause unexpected results from the physics calculations because:
If part of the object is animated from one location to the other it translates into very high speed and could react like a high speed collision
If the animation changes sizes (of the collision polygon) it affects the mass of the object (size x density). So if one animation had arms and legs sticking out (running or something) and had a bigger collision border it would have more mass to throw around in that instance.

Not to mention an animation causing collision polygons to suddenly overlap.

I would pin the animations to an object with an unchanging polygon or else crazy things could happen.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:05 pm

I must admit that I only understood have of that :D but I may need to correct myself: I think I don't use phzsics - only the platforming behavior (so gravity)
Chris Hinz

www.hinz-art.com
B
S

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:22 pm

hrisnz wrote:I must admit that I only understood have of that :D but I may need to correct myself: I think I don't use phzsics - only the platforming behavior (so gravity)

Ha, okay. If you are using platform then ignore all of that :)
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:42 pm

badmoodtaylor wrote:You may have already decided but I would second the pinning the animation object to the physics object.

The origins jump like 40 pixels.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:30 am

99Instances2Go wrote:
badmoodtaylor wrote:You may have already decided but I would second the pinning the animation object to the physics object.

You need to set the origin for each frame
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:09 am

badmoodtaylor wrote:
99Instances2Go wrote:

You need to set the origin for each frame

I agree. Before giving them the easy out by using a helper object, should first show them why they have problems because they did not take proper care of the animations.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:24 am

Thats true! Thanks you ;) I will do my best!

Do you want me to tell you when its done and out?
Chris Hinz

www.hinz-art.com
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?