How do I make my enemies spawn randomly?!

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:12 pm

davidmpc wrote:HERE : mediafire.com/download/6nxdszz25y6febk/jump_simulating_and_spawning_in_groups.capx

Please make the enemies jump to the player when they are near to him (the player) and to make the enemies spawn in groups too

Did you really download game-creation-software to have someone else make a game for you?

Like I said, If you re-download the capx from the link I posted,
This one (If scrolling up is difficult),
you will find the answer to the jumping..

To spawn in groups I'd suggest creating a variable, setting it to choose(1,5) and repeating the create action variable times adding or subtracting from the creations x-position (depending on "left" or "right") the amount of distance you'd like between your enemies..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:23 pm

no this is not even one half part of what im going to do in that game but this are things that i dont know what to do and i learn a lot from it, sorry this is the first time that im asking people for this but I swear this is the last time I ask this and if you're so polite to help me i'll be really thankfull and i'll learn A LOT from it if you help me this last time. Really after this you wont see any post like this anymore. Just help me this last time. Please

Just the part of the groups
B

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:20 pm

davidmpc wrote:no this is not even one half part of what im going to do in that game but this are things that i dont know what to do and i learn a lot from it, sorry this is the first time that im asking people for this but I swear this is the last time I ask this and if you're so polite to help me i'll be really thankfull and i'll learn A LOT from it if you help me this last time. Really after this you wont see any post like this anymore. Just help me this last time. Please

re-download link..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:26 pm

thankyou: mediafire.com/download/67xfwf91ufu29bf/groupsplease.capx
B

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:27 pm

LittleStain wrote:
davidmpc wrote:no this is not even one half part of what im going to do in that game but this are things that i dont know what to do and i learn a lot from it, sorry this is the first time that im asking people for this but I swear this is the last time I ask this and if you're so polite to help me i'll be really thankfull and i'll learn A LOT from it if you help me this last time. Really after this you wont see any post like this anymore. Just help me this last time. Please

re-download link..

B

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:28 pm

i dont get the problem, if you want groups just use a for{} statement, say for - number, and it will do that that many times.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:50 pm

cs2curious wrote:i dont get the problem, if you want groups just use a for{} statement, say for - number, and it will do that that many times.

I want the enemies to spawn randomly which is already done and now i just need that they spawn one beside the other not to spawn alot of enemies at the same time.
B

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:51 pm

And who knows how can i make my enemies to spawn faster?
B

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:05 pm

forget all about groups
B

Post » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:17 pm

davidmpc wrote:
LittleStain wrote:

re-download link..

I meant re-download the capx I posted, because I changed it to include groups..
I don't need a link to a file I already have..

If you want to change the speed at which they are spawned, you could change the time between spawns?
I'm using the timer-behaviour in my example so changing the time is pretty straightforward..
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to How do I....?