How do I make my enemy do different animation?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:58 pm

I'm making a boss enemy, he moves back and forth (patrolling) but I wanna add another animation (idle) and make him wait for few seconds (smooth transition) before continuing his patrol.
If that makes sense.

Simplified version :

I've done the patrolling movement but I wanna add a different animation for few secs before he continues with his patrol.
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:02 am

So, do you want this movement to be at the end of patrol route (far left or far right), or just randomly? If so, you could just add a random event that stops the boss, sets the idle animation, waits a little, and then starts him again.
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:58 am

janlindso wrote:So, do you want this movement to be at the end of patrol route (far left or far right), or just randomly? If so, you could just add a random event that stops the boss, sets the idle animation, waits a little, and then starts him again.

I wanna make the boss stop at the end of patrol route and sets the idle animation.
I did that one but as soon as the "wait" ends he goes patrolling with the "idle" animation still on.
I wanna make the boss stops at the end of the patrol route, sets "idle" and wait for X secs and then continues to patrolling using the "walk" animation instead of "idle" and vice versa.
B
S

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:02 am

achik1990 wrote:
janlindso wrote:So, do you want this movement to be at the end of patrol route (far left or far right), or just randomly? If so, you could just add a random event that stops the boss, sets the idle animation, waits a little, and then starts him again.

I wanna make the boss stop at the end of patrol route and sets the idle animation.
I did that one but as soon as the "wait" ends he goes patrolling with the "idle" animation still on.
I wanna make the boss stops at the end of the patrol route, sets "idle" and wait for X secs and then continues to patrolling using the "walk" animation (a transition between "waling" & "idle") instead of "idle" and vice versa.
B
S

Return to How do I....?