How do I make my gameover like flappy bird

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:22 pm

hey im making a new flappy bird game i almost finished it i just want to know how can i make the game stop when i lose and get the game over , highscore and score appear like flappy bird game exactly same when i lose
Last edited by Beast97 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
B

Post » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Call a Game Over layout when you lose. Use the Webstorage object to save a highscore and compare current score with it to check if you have a new highscore.

This tutorial teaches the basics of Webstorage: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/266/we ... nformation
Bruno

I like to eat, but I'm no cook. Why liking to play games would make you a game designer?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:03 am

thanks for info but what i mean i want the game to stop when i lose then make the gameover and the score and retry button appear all in the same layout exactly like flappy bird im looking everywhere but i can't find anything any help would be appreciated
B

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:58 am

So I guess your game is over when the bird hits the Obstacle.

So now create "EVENT" Bird is in collision with another object (Pipe)

Create these Actions

Action 1: Stopping the Controls:
Organize all your events correctly. Now create all your control events together or in a group. (You can add groups by right clicking on the event and create group). Now lets say that you have created a group and all your control event in that group. When the bird hits the Pipe you can now deactivate the Group by SYSTEM --> Set Group Active --> Deactivated. So now your controls will stop working and Start new animation called "Fall" (where the bird is falling down).

Creating a Game Over Sheet: Create a Game over sprites in a separate layer. Create these event
Action - Set Layer (Game Over) visibility to "Visible".

Okay I know what you think. Isn't this layer visible from the beginning, Yes so create this above
Event - On start of layout - Action - Set Game Over Layer visibility "Invisible"

Hope this helps.
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:22 pm

thanks @Harishankar this helped alot can u tell me how can i make my floor a solid
B

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Create a sprite for floor, and on left side open behavior and add solid behavior.
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:11 pm

@Harishankar this will probably be the last question on start of the game how can i pause everything but make the bird animated as if its flying then start the game when i tap on it like flappy bird thank you bro u helped alot
B

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:19 pm

Can you post capx mate
B
S

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:25 pm

@Harishankar i posted it and i hope u can make the start and gameover like flappy bird im a beginner so u could help me out alot thanks and do u have skype?
B

Post » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:56 pm

I am just using through mobile now. Will definitely check and update soon.
B
S

Next

Return to How do I....?