How do I make my own tilemap from tiles?

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Fri May 09, 2014 4:40 am

I'm using tiles from the Open Bundle, which someone AWESOMELY linked me to earlier, and...

I will give an example. Each tile from the tile folder from the Platformer Pack is 70x70. Is there a way I can turn the entire folder into a tilemap, or at least force a grid to be 70x70 in Paint.net or GraphicsGale or something, so that I can import it easier?
B

Post » Sun May 11, 2014 11:59 pm

mhollan3 wrote:I'm using tiles from the Open Bundle, which someone AWESOMELY linked me to earlier, and...

I will give an example. Each tile from the tile folder from the Platformer Pack is 70x70. Is there a way I can turn the entire folder into a tilemap, or at least force a grid to be 70x70 in Paint.net or GraphicsGale or something, so that I can import it easier?

It may sound very dumb but I use C2 itself to assemble them, I'll explain:

1/Create a new project, set the layer transparency to Yes, and insert the browser object
2/drag n drop all the tiles in C2 at once, it'll be one unique sprite, put it outside the visible part of the layout
3/create 1 variable global: TilePerRow (which is the number of tile you want on one row at most)
4/Set the window size to the size of the tilemap you want at the end, and set the fullscreen in browser to Off
5/add an event on start of layout> Repeat Sprite.AnimationFrameCount ;
system >Create object Sprite at position
X:(Sprite.width*(loopindex%TilePerRow) + Sprite.width/2)
Y:(Sprite.height*int(loopindex/TilePerRow) + Sprite.height/2)
Sprite: Set frame to loopindex
System>snapshot canvas

and another event: On canvas snapshot: Browser, invoke download SnapshotCanvas , name it "Tilemap.png"

Preview, and wait for it to be downloaded, congratulations, you have sucessfully managed to do it, the tilemap is normally in you download folder.

Should work easily
Last edited by Aphrodite on Mon May 12, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 12, 2014 8:21 pm

that's brilliant... I always cursed as I manually stitched it all together via phot0shop. This is a very good idea
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions