How do I make my player top moving when attacking?

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Hey everyone,

I wonder how I can stop my character from moving when he is in attack animation.

Thanks in Advance!

• just don't simulate the right and left if in plat-former or in 8-direction when attacking. update us if it works

• Sounds like that would do the trick but I can't figure out where these options are found

• can you send your capx?

• i can't download it

• Hmm try this one then,

dropbox.com/s/slplsab4akylast/Project.capx

• If you want the player to only attack when not moving, simply add an event similar to the one below.

Keyboard > on [attack key] pressed >>> Player > set animation to [attack animation]

then, add a condition (right click on event and select add... and click condition).

Player > compare speed > equal to 0

and then add another event so you can get out of the attack animation.

I'm not positive if this part works unless you replace: on [attack key] pressed with [attack key] is down. try that.

Keyboard > on [attack key] released >>> Player > set animation to [default animation]

I hope this helps!

EDIT: alternatively, if you want your player to stop when attacking and you're using plat former, use these commands:

Keyboard > [attack button] is down >>> Player > set Maximum speed to 0 > set acceleration to 0 > set deceleration to 0 > set animation to [attack animation]

Keyboard > [attack button] released >>> Player > set Maximum speed to [original max speed] > set acceleration to [original acceleration] > set deceleration to [original deceleration] > set animation to [default animation]

That might be more of what you're looking for.

• If you want the player to only attack when not moving, simply add an event similar to the one below.

Keyboard > on [attack key] pressed >>> Player > set animation to [attack animation]

then, add a condition (right click on event and select add... and click condition).

Player > compare speed > equal to 0

and then add another event so you can get out of the attack animation.

I'm not positive if this part works unless you replace: on [attack key] pressed with [attack key] is down. try that.

Keyboard > on [attack key] released >>> Player > set animation to [default animation]

I hope this helps!

What if I want the attack animation to cause the player to stop moving? Example: you press Z and that causes the player to stop moving and start his attack animation.

• Look above, I just posted an additional option which might help with that.

• Look above, I just posted an additional option which might help with that.

That one worked! Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No problem!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)