How do I make object go faster overtime?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 10:54 am

Hi. I was making a game, and i was wondering how do i make the object that gonna take you, go faster over time?. Like increase power, within 2 minute, it must reach 1000speed, or something like that. ?

Here is the game, i need it for . https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6rKLV ... sp=sharing
B

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what you are after, but here is a way that you can increase the speed of an object over time using Events. Depending on whether you have chosen one of the pre-build movement modules such as Platform, Bullet, or Pathfinding, you can increment speed upwards using an "every x seconds" event:

E.g.

VariableSpeed = 0

Every X Seconds
Set VariableSpeed = Object.Bullet.Speed ## Takes the old speed from the object and stores it in the variable VariableSpeed
Add 1 to VariableSpeed ## Adds 1 to VariableSpeed
Set Object.Bullet.Speed = VariableSpeed ## Sets the object's new speed to the variable VariableSpeed
end
B
S

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 7:46 pm

Lncredible wrote:Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what you are after, but here is a way that you can increase the speed of an object over time using Events. Depending on whether you have chosen one of the pre-build movement modules such as Platform, Bullet, or Pathfinding, you can increment speed upwards using an "every x seconds" event:

E.g.

VariableSpeed = 0

Every X Seconds
Set VariableSpeed = Object.Bullet.Speed ## Takes the old speed from the object and stores it in the variable VariableSpeed
Add 1 to VariableSpeed ## Adds 1 to VariableSpeed
Set Object.Bullet.Speed = VariableSpeed ## Sets the object's new speed to the variable VariableSpeed
end

Thank you so much. You really helped out. It worked out great! . Thanks again.
B

Return to How do I....?