How do I Make Objects Float in Place?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:43 pm

Hello ^^

I've been really curious about how I can do this within Construct. I thought about it being an interesting effect to objects though. Specially for fantasy or futuristic objects. Something like ghosts or floating cars or something. I've thought about just lining them in a line, but it doesn't seem realistic for me though.

I wonder if anyone has insights on this?
B

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:07 am

@iceFlashEX1, are you thinking more of a top-down game or probably side-view platformer?

If you want a Sprite object to more realistically hover, then one idea is to add the Sine behavior to the object. Then have the ghost move up/down and/or left/right.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:33 am

@danialgoodwin, it's more of a simple sidescroller and the ghost would be floating up/down. ^^

the sine behavior ^^. I almost forgot about that. I'll try it out and see what I can get with it. thank you ^^
B

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:48 am

iceFlashEX1 wrote:@danialgoodwin, it's more of a simple sidescroller and the ghost would be floating up/down. ^^

the sine behavior ^^. I almost forgot about that. I'll try it out and see what I can get with it. thank you ^^

Also remember that you can add multiple Sine behaviors to single Sprite, so you'll get more movements.
Need help? Upload .capx file with your question.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:31 pm

@iceFlashEX1, depending on how far you want to go with this idea, you could also add a shadow sprite underneath the ghost, with the Sine behavior of adjusting size so that users can see another way that the ghost is getting closer or farther from the ground.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:46 pm

@Joannak, @danailgoodwin , thank you very much for the suggestions ^^
B

Return to How do I....?