How do I make only the opaque part of an object solid?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I'm creating a game with a whole bunch of different room layouts that repeat many times, and the bounding box around the edges of the rooms changes based on whether or not there's a door on each wall. Here's a quick example:

Since it's a bounding box, only the red parts are opaque. All of the white would be blank, transparent space.

As is, each wall uses at least 4 different instances of a boundary wall object that is solid (up to 8 if there's a door on each wall). I have to set the lengths and positions of each boundary wall by hand and it's just a big hassle that takes a lot of time, so I spent some time brainstorming a better way.

I got the idea that maybe I could use one bounding box object, with each different type of box being a frame of an animation for it. That way I could define each instance easily, instead of manually putting together each wall by hand. The only problem is, I can't figure out how to make only the opaque part (the walls) be solid, while the transparent part (inside the walls) stays walkable. Is it even possible?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would just build the wall objects to form the rooms, it seems less hassle. You can set the size and type and then spawn it in place.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)