How do I Make Particles come from my Player?

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • This is a stupid question, but I can't understand how to do this with the basic options.

I have a Player with the basic platformer behavior and at the moment they spawn a new object "Particles" when they jump. The issue is the particles are haphazardly coming out at best and as I move along the map they actually start to spawn farther and farther away from my Player. I've seen clips of people with actual fluid particle trails from their Player but I just don't get how t hey do it.

Sorry for the newbie question.

• I would pin the particles to the player but turn them off. Only turning them on when the player is jumping. Not on PC at the moment , I will try to post a capx later.

In future it would be better to post a capx link and there is a beginner forum for these types of question now.

• possible the worlds best ever game ? (might need some slight tweaks to the gameplay,graphics and maybe one or two other slight improvements...)

• if you want to learn about how to particles than try this tutorial

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/638/particle-demo

• You're probably spawning the particles on the wrong layer (one with different parallax) if they're not spawning where they should be.

• possible the worlds best ever game ? (might need some slight tweaks to the gameplay,graphics and maybe one or two other slight improvements...)

Quality craftsmanship, exquisite pallet and engaging plot. 10/10,

Seriously though, this is exactly what I needed, thank you so much!

I bet there are more complicated ways to do this but quick and easy was what I needed for this project.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You're probably spawning the particles on the wrong layer (one with different parallax) if they're not spawning where they should be.

I'm using the free Construct 2 product at the moment so I can only use 4 layers, and belive me when I say that I'm using each one to it's full potential. The first thing I ruled out was layer parallax issues. I had a few problems with the HUD in the beginning so I had to go read the tutorials and made sure I understand what I did wrong.

• Best game? Isn't the punishment for falling a little severe? Well, I do prefer Minecraft on hardcore, so I guess it works.

I guess I won't point out my demo, since it already was above..

• Best game? Isn't the punishment for falling a little severe?

I was trying to make a plugin so upon death you also get an electric shock through the mouse (unfortunately I appear to be limited to 5v...)

• Hmm, yeah that is a disappointing limitation. I'm sure it's on the todo list.

What you could do is play really quiet voices at the beginning, so people turn up the volume. Then when they fall blow a loud train whistle.

• > Best game? Isn't the punishment for falling a little severe?

>

I was trying to make a plugin so upon death you also get an electric shock through the mouse (unfortunately I appear to be limited to 5v...)

You could always crash the game and force player to Reload the Game from C-casette (like 15 minutes or so).

• Perhaps too much excitement ?

(Ha ! The spell checker just kicked in and wanted replace my misspelt "excitement" with "excrement" ! perhaps an omen ? )

• LOL Apparently this whole thread has turned into bull excrement.

• LOL Apparently this whole thread has turned into bull excrement.

I find it all pretty entertaining.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)