How do I make physics object bounce more?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:01 am

I know what you're thinking "increase the elasticity!" but that's not enough.

I have a physics object that is bouncing off an immoveable physics object. Both physics objects have:

Density: 1
Friction: 0
Elasticity: 1

The object will bounce well as long as it is falling from a height that is at least twice as high as the object is tall. And it will continue to bounce back to its original height indefinitely unless I act upon it.

But if the object falls a distance that's less than about two times it's height, it just sticks to the floor. I want the object to continue to bounce in smaller increments! Any suggestions? Thanks
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:04 am

>But if the object falls a distance that's less than about two times it's height, it just sticks to the floor.

that's odd.. is another behaviour interfering with the physics?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:53 am

@keepee

Here's a quick .capx so you can see the problem. The way I have it set up, I would expect another good 5 or 6 bounces at least. But it only bounces twice.

I'm thinking the problem could be my low world gravity? The thing is that I want the ship to have, well, a low world gravity! I don't want it moving around too fast!

Yes, I see that if I increase the world gravity to 10, then the ship will bounce many more times, but the ship moves too quickly then.

And yes I could adjust the time scale...doesn't seem like the best way to go about it though.farmerdwight2014-01-02 04:04:31
B
S

Return to How do I....?