How do I make Pressure Plate Spikes?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Giving someone an idea on how to fix something over a straight up solution they can copy/paste can teach them more.. At least that's what helps for me, so I pass ideas on the same way. Hardly anything to do with being elitist.

(But if we're being honest, with your post's content screaming "I'm too lazy, make this for me so I can copy it" I must admit I am much less inclined to take the effort in the first place. Whether you intended it to sound as such or not.)

---- EDIT -----

I see you responded again, it'd really really help if you provided a file for us to tinker with here.

Anyhow, your third condition isn't really necessary, as the wait 2 seconds could be under the event where it's not overlapping as well. You should probably also remove Trigger Once.
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Before I reply, I've already told you I cannot post a file, drop it already.
If you read my post properly, that's not what I meant at all. I had been working on this for the past few hours and I just couldn't understand what I was doing wrong. I had completely forgotten about the "For Each" feature.

I did as you advised and it now works great, thank you very much. I appreciate it.

I wish the people on this forum would simply comply and help out one another, rather than acting like they're the top of the world. It'd be easier for everyone if people tried to understand how the question-asker is feeling, and what they're trying to say.

Being condescending and automatically assuming stuff is no way to help someone with a problem, especially when they're new, just saying.

Thanks a lot for your help again, I hope you treat others with a little more respect in the future :)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:49 pm

As soon as you speak of wanting an example *.capx for download and upload images to show stuff I really don't think your internet's too poor to give us an example.. But instead of going on about that over and over.. It's not important right now. :oops:

Anyway, if you took offense to what I said then I apologise. Years of spending time on various ''help'' forums has made me see all sorts of people, from the folks that just want others to basically create their entire game for them to people that just need help with that tiny little speck they keep glancing over. I try to stick in the middle with my responses, although sometimes my lack of tact and knowledge of the English language makes things come out a lot less pleasant than intended.

Anyhow, glad it solved your problem. That's the main thing that matters here.
B
S

Post » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:56 pm

Upload and Download speeds are entirely different, and uploading pictures takes nothing at all. Living in NZ, my internet is complete crap :/

Thanks again, have a great day.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?