How do I make random looking but repeating room descriptions

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Add calm and a lounge vibe to your games with these 8 tracks
  • I want to have a list of room descriptions from a list say 20 variable in length be given in what looks like a random way but isn't. So room 1 would always give the same descriptions, no matter what computer you're on. So would room 2, 3, etc.

I was going to go through the list in a binary fashion to use every combination, but it leaves some descriptions lingering for far too long.

I though someone else might have a bright idea on the matter already?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If they're the same no matter what computer you're on couldn't you just make the list beforehand and include it in your game?

• Thousands of rooms.

If you're talking about some way of attaching a txt file to it for the game to read, I'm not sure how to do that and would appreciate any tips given.

• You can add a text file to your project's "files" folder then use the AJAX object to load it to a variable when you run your game.

• Well, I tried throwing myself at it since you implied it's easy ... and half trying out a tutorial at the same time I did manage to make it load up the data from a txt file. It seemed to load all of it at once, so I guess I'll have to use tokenat to break it down into an array. As I recall the other tutorials I tried had all sorts of code in the data and it was OTT for me.

Thanks, Rojo

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)