How do I Make random platforms

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
A pack of 76 platform designs for a platformer game with a mushroom/jungle theme
  • Hi,

Am not a developer i know we dont need any programming language still its not that easy to make a nice game of c2 still i managed to make some games on c2. but am stuck on one project i was going to start

Actually i was thinking to make a game where i need to make random platforms..i want c2 to create random platforms where the X of 2 platforms should be random and Y should be same... and the height gap between those 2 platforms to another 2 platforms should be same...this is kinda a difficult to explain or am not getting a better way to explain so here is the image i want...

So if my character goes up or down c2 should create platforms randomly like the image i shown..

Anyone on this can help would be great

thanks

• anyone on this?

• There is an example project that comes with C2 ("Endless jumper"), there you can see how platforms are created in a similar way to yours. You just have to extend it to create 2 new platforms instead of one.

• yeah i have checked i tried to do some changes but am not able to get what exactly am looking for....the platforms on that template are completely random but in my case i want the platforms like this

• anyone ??

• anyone on this please?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • your question isn't really clear..

What is it exactly you want, what do you mean with "like this" and what part of it is troubling you?

• i was thinking to make a game where i need to make random platforms..i want c2 to create random platforms where the X of 2 platforms should be random and Y should be same... and the height gap between those 2 platforms to another 2 platforms should be same...this is kinda a difficult to explain or am not getting a better way to explain so so thats why i posted a image..

• It should be relatively easy..

From the top of my head it should be something like this:

you'd want to create two platforms on the same y..

Set the first to a random x-coordinate and the second to the x coordinate of the first + the amount it has to be moved to create the wanted gap.

if you want to create new platforms at say 200px distance you could make an event that says something like:

if platform.y > viewporttop(0)+150 - create new platform at platform.y-200

this event should be triggered once offcourse..

• Thanks for the quick reply...i tried this bt i didnt got tht result...may be am doing something wrong can you look on this capx

dropbox.com/s/kungjxeur1rdiya/new.capx?dl=0

really thanks again

• LittleStain

thank you so much it worked like a charm...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)