How do I Make Random Selected Scenes

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:11 pm

I want to make a game like follow the line where you have prebuilt levels and let the game randomly rearrange them to make an infinite level that's unique.
B

Post » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:04 pm

I've never played that game but are you trying to make it it's like after you beat a level it goes to another level at random?
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:29 pm

mikewalton206 wrote:I've never played that game but are you trying to make it it's like after you beat a level it goes to another level at random?

not really i just want to make one endless level which chooses the terrain from a set amount preset levels. like color switch
B

Post » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:09 am

gumgum657 wrote:
mikewalton206 wrote:I've never played that game but are you trying to make it it's like after you beat a level it goes to another level at random?

not really i just want to make one endless level which chooses the terrain from a set amount preset levels. like color switch

hmm... that's gonna be an interesting one to pull off. if I come across something i'll let you know.
B
S

Post » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:50 am

You mean something like this?
Endless scroller

I wasn't very accurate with the green line, you should make sure that it enters and exits each frame seamlessly at the exact same point.
CAPX
Check out my awesome game Doptrix
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:58 am

Is it possible to go back in your level ?
I mean, is it like a randomly generated runner level where you go left to right in a never-ending way, or can your character go back on its steps like in a platformer ?

For a runner, you could consider something like having "structures" of the level in memory (in an array, or some text file for example) and create those on the fly when you are almost at the end of the current "scrolling".

A mix between the randomly generation from the endless runner template and something like

Random Terrain generation via Midpoint Displacement - LINK
Procedurally create platforms - LINK
Generating terrain based on random templates - LINK

(Elements found in the How do I FAQ)
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:44 pm

Message: gumgum657 can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 2 URLS modified. Why?
dop2000 wrote:You mean something like this?
http://doptrix.com/C2/EndlessScroller/ Endless scroller

I wasn't very accurate with the green line, you should make sure that it enters and exits each frame seamlessly at the exact same point.
http://doptrix.com/C2/EndlessScroller/EndlessScroller.capx CAPX

exactly like that
B

Return to How do I....?