How do I make speech recognition works in Intel xdk android

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:59 pm

speech recognition works on chrome for desktop in construct 2, after i export it to android it not works(not triggered) also i put two event in construct 2 and after exporting to android (Intel xdk) the result was:
1-the first event was check if the browser support speech recognition, the result was (True) for booth the emulator and my phone
2-the second event to know if speech recognition actually starts,the result was (False) for booth the emulator and my phone and(True) in Chrome desktop browser
...any solution or work around to make speech recognition work
B

Post » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:27 pm

I asked in Intel xdk forms and that was their response:

"I recommend you speak to the Construct2 folks to determine what the requirements are to make the speech recognition work in a webview on a mobile device."

so any solution available ...
B

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:53 am

Message: efmia is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
and this another response from them:

I just did a little test to see if the speech recognition engine is available in either Crosswalk 7 (which is based off of Chromium 36) or the Android 4.4 webview (which is based off Chrome 30). The demo app here: and the documentation indicate that you need Chrome 25 or greater.

However, as you can see from the tests below, the speech recognition library is not present in either of these. This is something that is unique to Chrome desktop and Chrome mobile. It is not, however, available in either the Crosswalk webview or the Android 4.4 webview (and definitely not in the older Android webviews).

The only way you're going to be able to use your Construct2 media object along with speech recognition is if the Construct2 folks provide the appropriate hooks for that feature as part of their library for Cordova webviews. This is not something that we can enable for you in the XDK, this is something the Construct2 engine needs to do. The most likely scenario is that they would use a Cordova plugin to provide the necessary speech recognition.
Chrome webview in Android 4.4:

Chrome webview in Android 4.4.png

Chrome webview in Crosswalk 7:

Chrome webview in Crosswalk 7.png

Chrome Desktop:

Chrome Desktop.png

so can you provide this feature in construct 2?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:50 pm

@Ashley

Can this be done by the scirra team?
I also need text to speech on android via intelxdk
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:36 pm

+1
Last edited by stefan52a on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B

Post » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:15 am

@Ashley
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:26 am

It's very painful to implement anything but standards-compliant features that cover the exact same features. I couldn't immediately find any Cordova plugins that do. Ideally they will be compatible with the specification so all you'd need to do is add the Cordova plugin to your project and it starts working, but if it's not a compatible API then it's a real pain to integrate. If speech recognition is part of Chromium, then it really is best if Crosswalk can add support for it.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?