How do I make The Binding of Isaac behavior?

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:42 am

i want make a clone of The Binding of Isaac.

1) How off "ice effect" of player? I set acceleration and deceleration to 0, but player just dont move. At default he is moving like rides on ice.

2) Press two buttons at once. I need press to keys: arrows (movement) and space (shoot). So if I press up (movement up) and space, that mean I want shoot up direction.

3) Bullet move only at right direction. How can I made that from up origin point it move to up. It shoot right from all origin points.
B
2
Posts: 5
Reputation: 164

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:57 am

How far have you gotten so far? Can you post a capx?
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
84
S
15
G
7
Posts: 990
Reputation: 11,229

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:05 pm

AnD4D wrote:How far have you gotten so far? Can you post a capx?


There nothing to show. Just create player. Add 8direction behavior. Turn off angels. Make 4 origin points at player. And bullet with bullet behavior. Make spawn bullet at origin point. That's all. All made from standart construct2 tutor of scrollupshooter with monsters.

I also cant post capx because forum's rules.
B
2
Posts: 5
Reputation: 164

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:09 pm

pirog wrote:i want make a clone of The Binding of Isaac.

1) How off "ice effect" of player? I set acceleration and deceleration to 0, but player just dont move. At default he is moving like rides on ice.

2) Press two buttons at once. I need press to keys: arrows (movement) and space (shoot). So if I press up (movement up) and space, that mean I want shoot up direction.

3) Bullet move only at right direction. How can I made that from up origin point it move to up. It shoot right from all origin points.



1)you would prefer to have a very high deceleration and acceleration for that, so it goes from 0 to top speed and from top speed to 0 in an instant.

2) check the keys that are down when you press space I would guess.

3)Change the bullet angle of motion right after you create it (with events).
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
54
S
22
G
18
Posts: 2,123
Reputation: 17,150

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:44 pm

Aphrodite wrote:
pirog wrote:i want make a clone of The Binding of Isaac.

1) How off "ice effect" of player? I set acceleration and deceleration to 0, but player just dont move. At default he is moving like rides on ice.

2) Press two buttons at once. I need press to keys: arrows (movement) and space (shoot). So if I press up (movement up) and space, that mean I want shoot up direction.

3) Bullet move only at right direction. How can I made that from up origin point it move to up. It shoot right from all origin points.



1)you would prefer to have a very high deceleration and acceleration for that, so it goes from 0 to top speed and from top speed to 0 in an instant.

2) check the keys that are down when you press space I would guess.

3)Change the bullet angle of motion right after you create it (with events).


Now I have problem with two keys. If pressed only one buttuns, all works fine. But at last condition, where pressed two buttons, bullet dont shoot.

Безымянный.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
2
Posts: 5
Reputation: 164


Return to Beginner's Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests