How do I make the bow...

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:26 pm

I feel really dumb for not being able to figure this out on my own, but I can't make it so when the player switches to/spawns a bow, (let's say the player is facing right when he spawns it then turns left) I can't make it so the bow will go to the side of the player that is then facing left, I can make the bow face the same way he is, but it's on the wrong side of the player's body. What events would fix this? (sorry if this is hard to understand)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:56 am

one method would be to give the player a second image point (on the players hand) so when you switch direction (and I am assuming here you are then mirroring the player and the bow ?) just move the bow to the player image point (hand).

Is the player static ? Have you looked at using pin ? Can you post the capx so we can see where you are at and perhaps give better suggestions for this ?

edit added capx - I bet there is a much smarter way (my excuse is I've not had any coffee yet)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
August 2015 - I misplaced a lot of links - I will try to find backups and repost. If You find a post that interests please reply to post with @rampackwobble and I will get a nudge!

If you find my posts useful please consider donating something to a local charity or to the http://www.mndassociation.org/
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:52 pm

THX, that helps alot! (I would've added my .capx but I don't have dropblox and don't know how to add it to a post.....)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:08 pm

Never mind, I figured out how to attach a .capx,
here it is

Edit: some things, like the 8 Direction behaviour, are for thing which I'll make latter, such as ladders.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:36 pm

So I have V 163 apparently and these files are from V 166 or newer. How do I get a newer version download?
B

Post » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Message: KartMaster777 can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases

Just select the version then download it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Try this demo and work it out
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions