How do I make the character go behind OR above an object?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:06 pm

So guys, I am making a castle crashers like game, this is like a 2.5D game where the character goes left and right as if he was going back and front and he goes up and down as if it was left and right.
My issue is, I need to make the character go behind OR above the same object, if the character is further back in the layout he will pass behind the object, if the object is further in the layout, the character will go above the object.
Help me please!

Here is a picture to demonstrate what I need: http://imgur.com/gallery/x6YcK
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:15 pm

use"move to bottom" and "move to top" actions inside z order. Or "move to layer" if they are in different layers
B
S
G

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:49 pm

Vaank wrote:use"move to bottom" and "move to top" actions inside z order. Or "move to layer" if they are in different layers

But what are the conditions to make this work? The "x" position of the character?
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:43 pm

B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:48 am

What I'm using for an upcoming project is the for each (ordered). I put each object that needs to be stacked in a container with its "shadow," which always stays at the floor level. Then I put these shadows in a family, let's call it "Stackers." Then, I use...

System: For Each Stackers order by Stackers.Y ascending => Stackers: Move to top of layer

and then move each object to above its shadow (e.g. move the player above the player shadow, move a wall on top of its footprint...)

This might not work if you have more than one floor level. If you do have multiple floor levels, please tell me; I would like to find out how.
Eh, Steve!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:59 pm

calebbennetts wrote:What I'm using for an upcoming project is the for each (ordered). I put each object that needs to be stacked in a container with its "shadow," which always stays at the floor level. Then I put these shadows in a family, let's call it "Stackers." Then, I use...

System: For Each Stackers order by Stackers.Y ascending => Stackers: Move to top of layer

and then move each object to above its shadow (e.g. move the player above the player shadow, move a wall on top of its footprint...)

This might not work if you have more than one floor level. If you do have multiple floor levels, please tell me; I would like to find out how.

Can you send me a "capx" file with this working?
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:35 pm

Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:30 am

Here, take a look at this file someone was nice enough to make for me a few months back. Hope it helps!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyhpe164bcfzm ... .capx?dl=0
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?