How do I make the character jump in a Castle Crashers game

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
2d warrior machrom platformer game character assets
  • So, I am making a game in the Castle Crashers style, and I need to know how to make the character jump, using the platform behaviour will make no good, because the movement is a 2.5D like.

• 2.5 D ?

Can`t u use [Platform >> Jump} ??

• 2.5 D ?

Can`t u use [Platform >> Jump} ?? > No, if I use platform, it can't be 2.5D

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm certain there's smarter ways to do this, but here's an approach I'd try:

• When jump button is pressed, start a counter from 0 to max height. With each increase, increase height of the character.
    • Once max height is reached, turn the whole thing around with variable toggle so the number is decreased with each step. - When the counter is back at zero, the jump is over.
    • You can also use the current value of the height counter to make sure characters only can hit each other when they're of similar jumping height.
  • I'm certain there's smarter ways to do this, but here's an approach I'd try:

- When jump button is pressed, start a counter from 0 to max height. With each increase, increase height of the character.

- Once max height is reached, turn the whole thing around with variable toggle so the number is decreased with each step. - When the counter is back at zero, the jump is over.

- You can also use the current value of the height counter to make sure characters only can hit each other when they're of similar jumping height.

Would you make this in a project, upload it and send me the link please?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)