How do I make the drops fall sequentially faster

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:58 pm

From lines 12 to 21 how do I make it so the speed of the falls faster in sequence with the scores progressing? For some reason when I am changing this via the world gravity it is not working and I can not figure out why? I was trying to create a levelling system similar to Tetris where the further you score / go into the game the faster the blocks or drops fall in this case from the top going faster and faster as you get further in the game.

Please see file at: http://filebin.ca/28chEq6rcc0h/Drops.capx
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:25 pm

uhhhmmm, you are changing the variable WorldGravity

I don't see any events where this variable is doing anything except for an action on start of layout..
You might want to make an action somewhere setting the physics gravity to the WorldGravity variable..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:18 pm

I thought I did this on line 1, third one down as so:

'Drop Set Physics world gravity to worldGravity'

Unless I am missing something there or going the entirely wrong way about this based on what you just said?
B
S

Post » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:02 pm

SomeT wrote:I thought I did this on line 1, third one down as so:

'Drop Set Physics world gravity to worldGravity'

Unless I am missing something there or going the entirely wrong way about this based on what you just said?

The system - "on start of layout" event is performed on start of layout..
The layout only starts once and so the actions attached are only called once..

If you want the actions to be performed every tick, you use the system - "every tick" event..

But in your case you could call this action every time a drop is created, for at other times it would be of no use changing the gravity..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:05 pm

I think that has sorted it. Many thanks!
B
S

Return to How do I....?