How do I make the enemies not destroy at the same time?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:47 pm

I've been trying a lot of different things and I still can't get it fixed :(
B

Post » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:40 pm

This kind of depend on your design. But from what I get from looking at the game, you have the line in the middle and to this there are linked two other objects to the end, which if the player touches them they kill hims. So you could do it, so when you create the line and the end points, you store the UID of the line as a variable in the end points.

Code: Select all

Create Line

Create End_point_1
Set Parent_UID = Line.UID

Create End_point_2

On Collision Player with line
Pick End_point_1.Parent_UID = Line.UID
Pick End_point_2.Parent_UID = Line.UID

This way of doing it is not really the best way of doing it, but since you don't use families etc. and I guess you are fairly new to C2, if im not wrong, then this way is probably the easiest and then you can always change it later.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:48 pm

nimos100 wrote:This kind of depend on your design. But from what I get from looking at the game, you have the line in the middle and to this there are linked two other objects to the end, which if the player touches them they kill hims. So you could do it, so when you create the line and the end points, you store the UID of the line as a variable in the end points.

Code: Select all

Create Line

Create End_point_1

Create End_point_2

On Collision Player with line
Pick End_point_1.Parent_UID = Line.UID
Pick End_point_2.Parent_UID = Line.UID

This way of doing it is not really the best way of doing it, but since you don't use families etc. and I guess you are fairly new to C2, if im not wrong, then this way is probably the easiest and then you can always change it later.

Thanks for the help! :D
Yes, I'm pretty new to C2 haha
B

Post » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:25 pm

here mate if you still need it i made a easy to follow enemy creation /destroy and platform movement for u :) feel free to use it in your game :) cheers.... people here tend to overreact with their coding .... when even isn't needed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:57 pm

gamecorpstudio wrote:here mate if you still need it i made a easy to follow enemy creation /destroy and platform movement for u :) feel free to use it in your game :) cheers.... people here tend to overreact with their coding .... when even isn't needed

Hey thanks!! Awesome man! :D
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?