How do I Make the NPC part transparent

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
94 Inside buildings views - Isometric view - PNG transparent - 2048x2048
  • Hi,

I'm a fresh man for study C2.

I try to make a 2D RPG game and have a small problem.

there is a NPC and building on the map. When the NPC is overlap with the building, I want to make the NPC overlap part to transparent(Not all the NPC body transparent, only the overlap part).

Thanks.

• Welcome to C2!

You can simply change the Z order. Set buildings to top or the NPC to bottom. If you still want to see a bit of the NPC, you can use Blend Effects.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not sure that is possible.

What you can do is set your npc on layer (0) and your building on layer (1). then when part of your npc is overlaping the building it will be behind the building since it is on the lower layer...

• Welcome to C2!

You can simply change the Z order. Set buildings to top or the NPC to bottom. If you still want to see a bit of the NPC, you can use Blend Effects.

Dear, thanks for your quick reply.

I know the z order. which blend effect can support on this? Yes, I want to see a bit of the NPC when they are overlap.

• Workaround would be to make a copy of the building sprite on a layer above the character (or with top z order) and set that sprites opacity to say 66 percent. That way you'll see the character underneath it but not with full opacity.

• Welcome to C2!

which blend effects can support this?

• Workaround would be to make a copy of the building sprite on a layer above the character (or with top z order) and set that sprites opacity to say 66 percent. That way you'll see the character underneath it but not with full opacity.

Good idea! I will try it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)