How do I make the player jump automatically

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:04 am

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to C2, I'm making basics platform games to try things out and I need your help on something.

How can I make my player automatically jump when it collides with 'a jumper' sprite.
I made this image to explain what I'm trying to achieve:

1. The player move onto a sprite
2. Automatically it makes the player jump a bit higher than he can, so he is able to reach a higher platform

At the moment I change the player's gravity for a second before re-initializing it.
The result is very odd when the player move onto the jumping sprite, when the collision occurs while the player is jumping it's a bit better but not good enough.

I attached the capx.

Thank you for your help :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:17 am

Use the action simulate control: jump, and you can add another action and increase the jump strength so it reaches higher.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:25 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:21 am

Woah... I tried simulate control jump but I didn't manage to make it work. Anyway, thank you for your help it works ! ;)

Edit: Ok I had to add the Solid behavior to the 'jumping' sprite to make simulate control jump work.
B
S

Return to How do I....?