How do I make the user upload

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Hi, i'm wondering if it's possible for the player/user to upload a json file when pressed a button?
If so how?
B

Post » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Bump
B

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:04 pm

Are there seriously no one who nows how to do this, no respons in days
B

Post » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:03 pm

I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:17 pm

Message: Nullfinity is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
LittleStain wrote:Would this help?

No i would like if the user could upload a json file so i can acces it later, but i dont want the user to have do anything else than just press upload. No logins or anything
B

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Sure it is possible, but a huge security risk for you, if you don't secure it properly.
Unfortunately, you will need a server side script (PHP, Perl, ASP) that will handle the upload/file write routine.

This is very advanced, and if you don't know anything about programming I would strongly advice to keep away from such advanced stuff until you know more about server security.

Just an example:
Imagine, that you don't check the file that gets uploaded and don't secure the upload at all. Someone could easily upload an script that will be executed on server side.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Ubivis wrote:Sure it is possible, but a huge security risk for you, if you don't secure it properly.
Unfortunately, you will need a server side script (PHP, Perl, ASP) that will handle the upload/file write routine.

This is very advanced, and if you don't know anything about programming I would strongly advice to keep away from such advanced stuff until you know more about server security.

Just an example:
Imagine, that you don't check the file that gets uploaded and don't secure the upload at all. Someone could easily upload an script that will be executed on server side.

Yeah, i recently solved it by creating a php script and some more stuff with servers and ajax
B

Return to How do I....?