How do I make this ball not float when partially in contact

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:52 am

/s/s9haju065txj8hx/Access.capx

Just add dropbox.com before the above text to access the .capx file
I have changed the template platformer player to a ball. The collision polygons seem to be fine. Is there a way to make the ball fall when it is just partially in contact with the platform? I cannot change collision polygons for tiled backgrounds. :roll:

Also, it's really strange that when I jump to another platform and shrink the ball, for some reason, the ball automatically moves left and right. The movement is little but it's noticeable.
B

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:47 am

Created a link - fixed it :-)

You can adjust the sensitivity of the jumpthru_tile in the eventsheet.
If you have questions ask me or anyone XD

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=A ... ile%2ccapx
The Things you can create is only limited by your imagination. If you don't have the skills then use your motivation as a natural force to exceed all expectations. Chadori RebornXD
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:59 pm

@chadorireborn This is perfect but it works only for jumpthru tiles. Solid tiles don't have a jumpthru function to fall through. I want the same behaviour with solid tiles and moving tiles.
Also, it's really strange that when I jump to another platform and shrink the ball, for some reason, the ball automatically moves left and right. The movement is little but it's noticeable.
B

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:09 pm

manav2018 wrote:@chadorireborn This is perfect but it works only for jumpthru tiles. Solid tiles don't have a jumpthru function to fall through. I want the same behaviour with solid tiles and moving tiles.

Could be a one pixel thing, is your origin exactly at the middle of your sprite?

Would it be problematic making all tiles have the jumpthrough behaviour and only enabling it when needed?
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:42 pm

@LittleStain I could make all my tiles jumpthrough then. My origin is exactly at the middle of my sprite. Also, did you notice that when I jump to another solid tile and shrink the ball, the ball automatically moves left and right and also for some reason, it is in air.

B

Return to How do I....?