How do I make this kind of simple commands?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:45 pm

I have found so many problems about using simple commands like these, and I don't know if Construct 2 works sometimes in a diferent way I think.

For example:

SpriteA 8direction is moving ( or N key is down) - Action: SpriteB Flash for 3 seconds
Doesn't work!!!! :cry:
It starts when primary action has finished. Anybody knows?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:09 pm

is moving and/or key down are true every tick, so every tick sprite b starts flashing again and so it starts at the beginning every tick and it seems like nothing happens..

try adding a system trigger once while true condition and it wil work.

another way would be adding an every 4 seconds condition so it can flash for 3 seconds an wait one second and start flashing again..
It's just that if the conditions are true every tich the actions will be performed (or started) every tick..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:16 pm

@thegodo - as a variant of what @LittleStain suggested, you could use the Is flashing condition and invert it (right-click, select Invert) to only start flashing if it's not already flashing.

E.g.
Conditions:
SpriteA 8direction is moving
X SpriteB Is flashing -- (where X means inverted)
Action:
SpriteB Flash for 3 seconds
Vote for all the Construct 2 games on Steam Greenlight - Find them here
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:22 pm

It works with "every 4 seconds" choice, but not with "trigger once" (in this case all got unamovible). Thanks LittleStain.
Your opinion OddConfection was brilliant and simple too. But, is there a plus with the stopped flashing when the SpriteA is not moving anymore?

Anyway, thanks for your assistant, dudes.

EDIT: I can answer myself XD. Only decrease the interval of flashing at minimum value and it stops almost at same time that sprite stops its movement. Isn't it?
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?