How do I make this kind of sword attack

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:20 pm

So I know how to make my character swing a sword but how do I make him repeatedly swing with different motions like in the video below? Thanks guys for any and all help :D

https://youtu.be/BBBkw0hLYnE
B
S

Post » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:11 am

You need separate animations for each and every different type of swing movement. Like having different animations for walk, run, idle, jump, etc. etc.

Unless you just want the player to be able to go through all of those movements at once like in the video. You'll still have to have all the different frames, but you'll add them all together in just 1 animation.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:45 am

If you're trying to make a combo system with different attack animations you will need to have some variables, and like jeffige said, each of those individual attack animations on hand.
The way I used to do it was to set a player input condition while the attack animation is playing that would activate a variable (Called combo). At the end of the attack animation, if the variable was activated then the next attack animation would run. I would just continue doing this to chain together combination attacks. Hope this helps!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:28 am

ok thanks a lot guys
B
S

Return to How do I....?