How do I manage multiple room layout

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:20 pm

@Smileh
Another way would be to add another layer, or 2...set invisible - set objects collisions on that layer to disabled.

When your player gets to that exit, create a transition (like you would normally to go to next layout.) And then set the layer he just came from to invisible and destroy all the objects on that layout

Set that bottom layer to visible - objects collisions to enable.

It would be a lot of events and actions, but you could do this for a lot of maps.

If player is on layer "map bottom" destroy objects on "map top".

Then once your player gets to the exit to go to third map...create objects at their X and Y position. You'd have to put each object in the editor and record their position in the event sheet.

Event Sheet - Map 3
Player is on layer bottom - condition - player is overlapping exit box > System - create object > x on layout "map 3" at x and y position.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:42 am

Previous message wrote:Hello again! I used my day to make a pretty nice template of this problem, that would look like pretty much the Metroidvania template (at least from what I could see on the screenshots). I'll post it on the store pretty soon if you're interested!

Previous message wrote:EDIT : Here it is, the demo of my Multiple-Rooms Layout template ! It will soon be available on the store. But once it is, I'll give it to you for free if you're interested @Smileh.

Item now on store ! I send you a redeem code by PM Smileh!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?