How do I mode several sprites while drag one

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Background Story generation templates. See the Arcade demo.
  • I am using the drag and drop behavior in a sprite and I would like to move 3 other sprites at the same time when I drag it. I tried to pin them to the main sprite and also the "every tick" condition to set their positions, but these tries don't work. Is it possible?

• Use one or the other, not both.

(In reference to the pin behavior and setting position manually)

• set their positions, but these tries don't work

That is probably because you use 'world' coordinates. While you need 'relative' coordinates.

So first you find the X/Y pixels the dragged one moved compared to last tick.

Say dragged one's name = drag

2 instance variables. dx and dy. Their expressions are drag.dx and drag.dy.

2 instance variables. prex and prey. Their expressions are drag.prex and drag.prey.

Every tick

______ set (drag) dx to drag.x - drag.prex <---------- calculate difference

______ set (drag) dy to drag.y - drag.prey

______ set (drag) prex to drag.x <---------- update to use for the next tick

______ set (drag) prey to drag.y

Now, dx and dy hold the distance drag moved compared to the previous tick.

So ..

On dragging

_____ set any object's position to x= object.x + drag.dx ... y= object.y + drag.y

• set their positions, but these tries don't work

That is probably because you use 'world' coordinates. While you need 'relative' coordinates.

So first you find the X/Y pixels the dragged one moved compared to last tick.

Say dragged one's name = drag

2 instance variables. dx and dy. Their expressions are drag.dx and drag.dy.

2 instance variables. prex and prey. Their expressions are drag.prex and drag.prey.

Every tick

______ set (drag) dx to drag.x - drag.prex <---------- calculate difference

______ set (drag) dy to drag.y - drag.prey

______ set (drag) prex to drag.x <---------- update to use for the next tick

______ set (drag) prey to drag.y

Now, dx and dy hold the distance drag moved compared to the previous tick.

So ..

On dragging

_____ set any object's position to x= object.x + drag.dx ... y= object.y + drag.y

Thanks 99Instances2Go

Sorry, but this is a little confusing for me.

I have a main Sprite (that I think you named as "drag") with the drag 'n drop behavior so I need to create these 4 variables in this sprite and in the event "on dragging" I will associate all the other objects (or a family) that I need that follow the main sprite. Is it right?

• You add the distance that the main sprite moved/tick to the X&Y of the other objects while dragging the mainsprite.

Is dragging

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It worked very well. Thank you. 99Instances2Go!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)