How do I move a sprite vertically

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a code so you can see the same skin on all screens (peers). Each peer gets a skin, in addition to 4 directions t
  • hi,

I am very much impressed by construct 2 but I Have few questions as a noob . .....

I want to make a game where character move automatically in vertical direction & user have to control just the left & right direction .....

Could you tell me as how to do that ......

Mike

• The question isn't very clear..

Do you want the player to move up constantly, or down, or go up and down in regular or irregular intervals?

Is the game like an endless runner, but vertically?

• I want the sprite to move up constantly but player only controls the player right & left movement of the player just like Bouncing Ball Game on IOS

Link - h***s://itunes.apple.com/in/app/bouncing-ball/id949505469?mt=8

Thanks again !!!!

• add 8 direction to your player (default controls off) and in an event sheet do every tick - player simulate control up and these two keyboard (add keyboard object) on right arrow pressed - player simulate control right and same for left just change to left arrow key and left in simulate control. Hope this helped (Search top down construct 2)

• I'd recommend opening the infinite jumping example from the new-project-dialog.

It sounds a bit like what you are trying to achieve..

So open up Construct2

click new project

in the search type jumping

and the example will be there.

• add 8 direction to your player (default controls off) and in an event sheet do every tick - player simulate control up and these two keyboard (add keyboard object) on right arrow pressed - player simulate control right and same for left just change to left arrow key and left in simulate control. Hope this helped (Search top down construct 2)

Using 8 direction on player & using keyboard object I set both left key to left & right key to right on keyboard but some how my characters rotate if a obstacle comes in between using left or right key ( I have used solid on plan box obstacle ) so how can i stop the player to rotate .....

I just want to use left & right key so that user play would make the player slide left or right not want the object to rotate .....

Thanks for help again !!!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for quick reply .

I finally got my desired movement using 8 direction & platform on player but now I want to cancel our the rotation that happens why I press left or right key ?

Also could you help me with how to end the game when player sprite collide with a solid object ??

• To end game can't you just make an on collision with end object, go to layout watever you want? be more specific do you want another level or an end screen where it tells you your score?

• Thanks for a quick reply !!!

Almost got all my diff solved here !!!

thanks everyone !!!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)