How do I move group of sprites on path

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:39 am

Message: Tenshin is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 2 URLS removed. Why?
Hey, I'm trying to do game like Galaga , but I have some problems with enemy sprites. I don't have any idea how to make sprites follow path and then they should set up in a row (exactly like in Galaga) and move left/right. I've even tried SplinePath , but that is not what I'm looking for.
Does anyone know how to do that? I would be very grateful if someone could help me :)

P.S. Sorry for my english. I hope that everyone understands the main point of the problem
B

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:40 pm

Does anyone know?
B

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:22 pm

@Tenshin - could you use invisible sprites as collision detectors? When an enemy hits the collision detector, then change direction, speed, etc? Or control path using the pathfinding behavior?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:00 am

@Tenshin I would use invisible sprites as collision detectors too, It might be a good idea to put each path you make from sprites on to separate layers and lock the layers as you go so you don't mess any of the other paths up.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:00 am

Manley23 wrote:@Tenshin - could you use invisible sprites as collision detectors? When an enemy hits the collision detector, then change direction, speed, etc? Or control path using the pathfinding behavior?

@Manley23 @Kcpunk666
That's good idea but if I understand it, they will fly according to this sprite and what's about next part? They won't be able to set up in a row after entry into layer. This solve first part of the level. If I'm wrong then please correct me :)
Last edited by Tenshin on Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
B

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:51 pm

@Tenshin
Well, what you are doing is scripting every movement. So after setting up your flight path with sprites and the necessary variables, Just add 1 more to the end and have the enemy stop there. this, https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/756/se ... -waypoints seems like a good example. It's using cars, but the idea is the exact same.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:26 pm

@Kcpunk666
Thank You a lot. This is really helpful. This is slightly roundabout? way, but propably allows me to achieve my goal. Thanks a lot for help! :D
B

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:42 am

@Tenshin No problem. Good luck!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?