How do I move my paddle in pong-multiplayer

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:09 pm

I make a pong multiplayer game but after the game start when I touch the screen I moved my paddle and my rival paddle.
how do I move only my paddle?
B

Post » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:05 am

Is your Rival Paddle a CLONE of the Player paddle...? if so ..it may be using the same event handlers in your events sheet..

It sounds like you have same controls and /or touch recognition for each paddle...
When in doubt..or you are lost in a Zombie apocalypse or someone is giving you a hard time..Remember one thing..... Read the Construct 2 Manual..it will save your life.:)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:09 am

mystazsea wrote:Is your Rival Paddle a CLONE of the Player paddle...? if so ..it may be using the same event handlers in your events sheet..

It sounds like you have same controls and /or touch recognition for each paddle...

It is my events:
but now i can't move the paddle (block1) and I use the pong-multiplayer tutorial
B

Post » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:27 am

A Few things I noticed...not sure if they matter..

In your 'Signalling' Group...Your's differs from the Tutorial...As seen here
https://www.scirra.com/images/articles/mppong-ev8b.png

Your events differ considerably from the Tutorial Events ..it may cause problems
Specifically when Setting 'Block.peerid ' yours is set up differently from the tutorial...You may want to check any errors The tutorial says to associate it with MyID not PeerID...

You have both the host and the Peer set to the 'same ID' from what I can tell it should be two different ID's

Also..that tutorial is for Mouse Controller..I am not sure if it works the same for Touch....I guess it should but there might be differences in the setup

That's all I can see at the moment..
When in doubt..or you are lost in a Zombie apocalypse or someone is giving you a hard time..Remember one thing..... Read the Construct 2 Manual..it will save your life.:)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:52 pm

Message: grajwan1906 can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
mystazsea wrote:A Few things I noticed...not sure if they matter..

In your 'Signalling' Group...Your's differs from the Tutorial...As seen here
https://www.scirra.com/images/articles/mppong-ev8b.png

Your events differ considerably from the Tutorial Events ..it may cause problems
Specifically when Setting 'Block.peerid ' yours is set up differently from the tutorial...You may want to check any errors The tutorial says to associate it with MyID not PeerID...

You have both the host and the Peer set to the 'same ID' from what I can tell it should be two different ID's

Also..that tutorial is for Mouse Controller..I am not sure if it works the same for Touch....I guess it should but there might be differences in the setup

That's all I can see at the moment..

I fixed but I can't move the paddle(block1)
B

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:15 am

Under Peer Group...You have the client input set to' Mouse 'rather than 'Touch'
Also in the next group "common" you have done the same thing.... Using ' Mouse 'rather than 'Touch'
does that help?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:45 pm

mystazsea wrote:Under Peer Group...You have the client input set to' Mouse 'rather than 'Touch'
Also in the next group "common" you have done the same thing.... Using ' Mouse 'rather than 'Touch'
does that help?

Thank you the pong work great
B

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:34 pm

mystazsea wrote:Under Peer Group...You have the client input set to' Mouse 'rather than 'Touch'
does that help?

The game work on the computer(I opened 2 browsers in the same time and the game work good) but I make the game in the android(.apk with phonegap) and the devices don't connect
What to do??
B

Post » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:48 pm

have you tried this alternative .apk exporter?
This page has a short tutorial on how to successfully export a project to android.apk

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1035/make-quick-app-android-app-apk-from-html5-website-export
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?