How do I move sprite with touch in mulitplayer

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:00 am

Seriously, I'm getting old. I actually had it working, then I did something and now I can figure what I did/haven't done.

Here is a small test capx.
multiplayer touch..capx

I want each user (host and peer) to move his circle to point of touch - super simple, but it is evading me, lol
Host no problem, but peer circle follows touch but reverts to upper corner (very irritating)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:08 am

I guess that is, because when there is no touch touch.x and touch.y are both 0..

adding instance variable that are set to touch.x and touch.y on touch end and/or only setting setting the x and y while touching should solve it..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:50 pm

LittleStain wrote:I guess that is, because when there is no touch touch.x and touch.y are both 0..

adding instance variable that are set to touch.x and touch.y on touch end and/or only setting setting the x and y while touching should solve it..

Thanks, I got it working, the issue is I actually had it working without instance var and only using client inputs.... boggles the mind.
Anyways, its working now(created some x/y instance vars)... just wish i could figure out how i did it using only client inputs... and none of my backups managed to save the mystery work-around. Oh, well.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Should be possible by only setting the object while touch is touching, don't think multi-player should make any difference..
But to be honest I've had these moments myself and using the above way to make sure, always helped..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?