How do I: Multiple objects for peer [solved]

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:36 am

for RTS like games, I have been looking into using more synched objects for every single peer.

In my current development tests, I have been using a single sprite object, with animations and frames.
Animations representing sides (peers), frames representing the ships.

Stuff just goes wrong to say the least :lol:

Things go wrong with the assigning of peerids, I think, which seem to have the need to be unique .... which gets problematic if you want to associate something after the creation of the first object for a given peer .... (which also got assosciated with peer)

I would prefer to keep using the synching options, as they work best with the positions and such.

so .... I am looking for inspiration on how to approach this issue.

Change my objects setup ?
Change synch methods to direct control methods ?

Perhaps I am just missing a simple thing/option/approach which could enable me to do what I want .... RTS game play.

Perhaps @Ashley has some ideas .....

cos somehow I think me asking this here is just wishful thinking ...
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:23 am

After near 24 hours trialing and testing: Problem solved, RTS game play success.

The approach has a hint of crazy to it, but ... it works pretty damn good.
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:54 pm

For those interested in the result, I applied the basics of my solution to the RTS template.

RTS template multiplayer template in the arcade

Max 4 players per room, each player starts in a corner and has 4 tanks, enemy tanks keep spawning.

Firing accuracy is handled by the peers turret behavior so isnt 100% across room. (was not the focus of the implementation)
Who dares wins
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?