How do I multiple ShadowCasters / ShadowLights

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:16 am

Ok, here is my minimal updated *.capx file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fx4uqq5t9ee3v ... .capx?dl=0

When I use only one ShadowLight, than it works correctly. But whenever I drag the second ShadowLight in the first room, the ShadowCaster don't work! What am I doing wrong?
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:35 am

The shadowcaster object casts Shadows, not light..
Creating a second object to cast shadows will not add light, only more shadows..

That's why I gave the suggestion using the alpha-threshold and semi-transparant shadowcasters on the shadow layer so everything over a certain alpha value would become shadows..
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:52 am

Sorry, but that's too much for me. :?
I think the "ShadowLight Object" create the Lights and the "ShadowCaster Behavior" generates the Shadows. The theory I do not understand really. Can you show me on the *.capx file, what exactly do you mean?
B
S

Post » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:02 pm

The shadowlight object decides from which point the shadows are casted..
There is no light involved, only shadows are created..

In my opinion using one of the "old" methods of faking it would suit your case much better:

From my download archive (Don't remember original poster)
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:40 pm

Thank you for helping, but that's all not for multiple lights. Also ShadowCaster and ShadowLight are not the best way, to solved my problem. :(

That is I want to go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n1tfn0045zves ... p.jpg?dl=0
B
S

Previous

Return to How do I....?