How do I Multiple Tilemaps

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose the right answer for the shown equation.
  • Hi Constructors,

Can we have multiple tile maps? I have a secondary tile map and it keeps getting erased. Just wondering if this is an impossibility.

• Of course you can. Just add another Tilemap object.

• All instances of a tilemap object share the same image. It's a frustrating limitation and likely due to difficulties with the editor. Hopefully it's addressed in C3.

• Tokinsom

I don't understand what you are referring to.

I've just added 2 Tilemap objects with different images.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34306693/MultipleTilemaps.capx (requires r209)

• All instances, not objects.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Tokinsom Of course they do. So do Sprites, Tiled Backgrounds, 9-Patch, Sprite Font, Particles, and any other plugin that uses an image. What is the limitation is this? You just make a new object, or put all the tiles in one object.

• Oy. What I'm saying is Tiled Backgrounds, 9-Patches, Sprite Fonts, Tilemaps, Particles, etc. should all be able to use multiple images like frames in a Sprite object. This way you can swap images on the fly, create animations, and so on, all using one object.

Instead, we are limited to one image per object, which results in a bunch of pointless extra objects, necessitates a family to control all of them, and prevents us from doing the things mentioned above.

Ashley even considered making some of these objects, like the tiled background, a component of the sprite object instead of its own thing..for these very reasons. So, again, hopefully it's addressed in C3.

• It would be nice if images could be managed independent to objects. All objects would then just indicate which image to use at any time. Right now each object type manages it's own images, so each object needs to do it's own frame loading and whatnot.

• Oy. What I'm saying is Tiled Backgrounds, 9-Patches, Sprite Fonts, Tilemaps, Particles, etc. should all be able to use multiple images like frames in a Sprite object. This way you can swap images on the fly, create animations, and so on, all using one object.

Instead, we are limited to one image per object, which results in a bunch of pointless extra objects, necessitates a family to control all of them, and prevents us from doing the things mentioned above.

Ashley even considered making some of these objects, like the tiled background, a component of the sprite object instead of its own thing..for these very reasons. So, again, hopefully it's addressed in C3.

Hmm...

I'll agree partially.

In 9Patches would be very great to have frames. Additional collision. Awesome for resizable Buttons... I would love it!

Tiled Backgrounds, yes would be useful.

Sprite Fonts, Particles dont know I never used them until now.

But Tilemaps, there is really no need. My opinion, because tiles are like frames and there is really much space...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)