How do I NOT use sprite shape instead of collision polygon

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:49 pm

Hey all,

i am feeling pretty stupid right now as i work with construct 2 for a while now.
Today i encountered something strange which never happened to me before. the engine is using the sprite shape instead of the colission polygon to determine object overlapping.

This is the code:

here you can see the collision polygons on the left and the final detection on the right:

https://gyazo.com/0a44607ec4096437332cbf0c4598b3b8

Is there any option that provokes this behavior? I might have changed it by accident, but cant find it.

Any suggestions?

kind regards
Patrick
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:00 pm

Can you do this with the spawning-sprite having a collssion mask of like 2 pixels by 2 pixels ?
It is bit weird to make a conclusion out of wath is shown, it is drawing at the origin of a sprite with a relative big collission mask, so relative to the collission polygones its drawing at an ofset. There is also an 'average' happening.

Also i dont see if you have a behavior on any of those sprites.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:34 pm

There where no behaviors set, just plain. i rly dont get what happened there, started a new project, did exactly the same and it worked perfectly...
Stupid as i am i overwrote the original file...

Working with construct for like 4 years now, never seen anything like this. Might be a strange, and very rare bug. he just used a wrong collision polygon, the drawing was just to make it clear...

Kind regards
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:57 pm

yeah.. I've noticed this too.
Overlap seems to disregard the collision polygon and just check the square image dimensions. I figured it was just how construct2 handles it..? But it would be good if there were another condition that checks whether the polygons are overlapping. :(
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:58 pm

@Prominent normally it should just check for the collision poligon. but currently i cant reproduce this behavior anymore :( everthing works as intended now.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:53 pm

Hm.. yeah.. I just tryied to reproduce in a new project, but it works as intended with collision polygon.. I have experienced what you experienced though.. so I'll try to figure out what is happening..

edit: I can't seem to figure out how to reproduce either.
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions