How do I (old question) create a page turning effect

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi

I have searched around the forum for an answer and these are some of the old posts I have found :

Trouble is because of their age , the links to the capx files on someone of these threads no longer work and wondered if anyone had a copy of these or if the original author(s) could provide a link as I am trying to add such an effect into my project.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I presume from there being no replies that the files in these links are no longer something anyone has, Shame really I would have liked to have been able to do this.

Is there any chance of re-visiting this and finding a way to create this effect please?

• Gigatron did a shader:

http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/FX/page.rar

Thank you for your reply, one question, how do install the "page.fx" and if needed the "page.xml" as when I open this project it is stating that there are missing effects and am wondering if these files are needed to be installed somehow in Construct 2.

**EDIT**

Found the effects folder and copied them into that , although Construct 2 still states that there are missing effects , they still seem to work when sliding the bar !?!?!?

• timcs the effect link was posted in this thread:

• timcs the effect link was posted in this thread:

I found and downloaded the puslar fx from this thread and installed that but when I re-start Construct 2 and load that capx file I am still getting the same warnings . I presume this will not stop the pagecurl from working though.

• timcs

All fx of C2 must be in effects drawer.... this mean you need 2 file inside... for example; effect.fx and effect.xml

to use page fx ; open new project .. insert sprite object .. load picture into this sprite

so select the page fx for this sprite; then you can manipulate fx variables on the left... with mouse object on your project.

every thick parameter 0 to mouse.x/100.0 or something ....

Good luck

• timcs

All fx of C2 must be in effects drawer.... this mean you need 2 file inside... for example; effect.fx and effect.xml

to use page fx ; open new project .. insert sprite object .. load picture into this sprite

so select the page fx for this sprite; then you can manipulate fx variables on the left... with mouse object on your project.

every thick parameter 0 to mouse.x/100.0 or something ....

Good luck

Ps: i have mailed the guy to port this : http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/FX/pagecss/

but not received answer... i can't make plugin yet.. cause it's shareware...

• Gigatron Thanks for you reply, I did add both page.fx and page.xml into the effects folder and then I added the other effect after that in the same way. They both appear unders effects, however if I load the example you provided in the original thread, I still get a message stating that there are missing effects.

Any ideas why ?

Also thanks on the hints, I am trying to get the page turn to work just by clicking on the sprite object and for it to completely turn over , any ideas on this as well ?

• Sorry here are the missing fx in one file;

http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/FX/fxfiles.rar

• Sorry here are the missing fx in one file;

http://gigatron3k.free.fr/html5/C2/FX/fxfiles.rar

Gigatron Thanks again would you believe it , loaded your effects into the folder for Construct 2 , restarted it and opened your example again, guess what !, it still stated an effect was missing!. This is called "Flow Noise Fire" .

Also not sure if you noticed my amendment to my last post, any thoughts on how to do the page curl if the sprite object was just clicked on ?

• >

> Also not sure if you noticed my amendment to my last post, any thoughts on how to do the page curl if the sprite object was just clicked on ?

>

You must convert or i must convert mouse position to vector or normalize this position to -1.0 to 1. 0.

And then you can change fx prameters with this converted values...

• >

> >

> > Also not sure if you noticed my amendment to my last post, any thoughts on how to do the page curl if the sprite object was just clicked on ?

> >

>

You must convert or i must convert mouse position to vector or normalize this position to -1.0 to 1. 0.

And then you can change fx prameters with this converted values...

Gigatron I am not sure if I fully understand this but I will try and figure this out

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)